6th grade Writing & Social Studies Teacher
Posted 2 months 15 days ago by EMPOWER COLLEGE PREP
School Year 2
Empower College Prep began in 2012 with a commitment to be a movement of teachers partnering with parents to transform the educational and life opportunities of their children; and to empower these children to transform their community, their country and their world.
In 2020, we look forward to sending our first class of students to college, expanding to serve grades K-2, and welcoming more than 800 students onto a new, $20 million campus on the I-17 just north of Camelback.
The key to our success is highly effective, highly committed teachers who love both their content and their students.
If you would like to be a part of empowering scholars to succeed in college, solve real-world problems, and maximize their impact in the world, apply to join the Empower Team.
In addition to full-time positions, part-time options are available for highly effective teachers wishing to return to the workforce.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Empower College Prep qualifies for the Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program as a school that serves low-income students.
● Demonstrate strong proficiency in instruction and management, and the ability to lead students to significant academic gains through previous teaching experience, student teaching, or a proven internship, preferably in a low-income community with a significant number of students who do not speak English as their first language.
● Demonstrate strong content knowledge of the subject they teach.
● Demonstrate a relentless commitment to fulfilling the mission of Empower College Prep and its values and habits for success.
● Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity, professionalism, and urgent drive to succeed.
● Demonstrate the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
● Demonstrate the ability to form and maintain positive relationships with students and families and guide students and families through the college readiness and application process.
● Demonstrate strong organizational, planning, and implementation skills.
● Be Highly Qualified in compliance with ADE regulations (required)
● Have an SEI endorsement or SEI certificate (required)
● Have a valid IVP (Identity Verified Print) fingerprint clearance card (required)
● Have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
● Teaching experience or a certificate is preferred but not required.