General Manager Austria
Posted 7 days ago by Puratos
Oberösterreich, Linz, Austria, 4020
Für ein spannendes Unternehmen suchen wir einen geeigneten Kandidaten zur Besetzung dieser Position.
- Conduct appropriate changes (organization, mindset etc.) to sustainably improve the profitability of Puratos Austria.
- Formulate and implement long and short-range plans, policies and programs for the company in the framework of the Puratos Group policy to achieve approved objectives regarding sales, margin, market share, financial requirements, investments, human resources needs, etc.
- Lead the organization in all sections in their day-to-day activities of the subsidiary, including the manufacturing, engineering, quality, R&D, marketing and product management, sales, HR, Finance and all operational aspects of the organization with the objective to maximize its profitability and growth and realize its goals.
- Strongly support the Austrian management team members in achieving their objectives while creating a great team spirit and collaboration amongst the members
- Develop and implement with the various teams business plans to ensure short and long term profitable growth, including plans to further accelerate our geographical coverage and manufacturing capabilities throughout Austrian market
- Implement and support the group's criteria, financial reporting processes, procedures and systems to measure short and long term income/profits and to regularly evaluate results against performance standards to ensure profitable growth and perfect customer service
- Develop and maintain the information process and awareness process and judgement in areas such as market conditions, competitive activities, customer's product and service needs, general economic conditions, and governmental, legislative and regulatory matters
- Take action to correct unsatisfactory conditions that may arise in any phase of the operation - manage and /or correct whatever action may be deemed necessary to ensure the accomplishment of foreseen objectives
- Ensure Human capital management, in terms of proper talent acquisition, engagement and development and design and develop an organization that enables Puratos Austria to achieve the company's goals and strategic intent
- Sustain and control the strict application of all legal, regulatory and corporate rules and regulations as related to corporate, labor and tax legislation, as well as quality, safety and security.
- Represent the subsidiary in professional associations, as far as it serves the purpose of the business.
- A Master's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business or Economics (or equivalent).
- A recognized experience in Industrial operations and manufacturing (given the strategic Ops positioning of the site), Sales, Marketing and 5+ years in General Management with P&L responsibility.
- Has had significant international business exposure and brings an international mindset to Austrian operations.
- The candidate has a multi-geographical and international experience in a B2B and/or a B2C business environment preferably in the Food Industry with broad business management experience in Large Key Account management. He or she has a proven track record in sales development through the use of consumer data/insights and other critically important business development tools.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills are essential. Mother tongue German is essential, as is Business fluency in English.
- Strategically oriented, the individual should be able to develop long and short term business plans and ensure execution according these plans while ensuring clear and regular communication within the local teams and Puratos international organization.
- The candidate has preferably operated in a matrix-structure and is familiar with alignment processes between Channels, BUs and Functions, both locally and internationally.
- The candidate has a proven experience in sales and marketing, with a convincing track record in new business development and management of new business opportunities.
- Experience in managing manufacturing units
- Strong computer skills in various software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others with the ability to quickly grasp new software programs are a must.
- A natural charismatic leader with a collaborative, team-oriented style, the candidate should be able to educate, motivate and inspire others in the organization and ensure a team cohesiveness resulting in great teamwork. Ability to challenge the status quo and lead change in a collaborative manner is a strong asset for the role.
- Optimistic, energetic and passion for leading teams, developing a business, and conducting change.
- The ideal candidate is a team player who can leverage the strengths of a matrix organisation.