OFFICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Posted 13 days 21 hours ago by University of Central Florida
Responsible for performing administrative tasks that support a residence hall community office, including: serving as the primary staff member to answer phones, greet customers, and respond to residents. Completes administrative tasks related to the operation of the residence hall community.
- Assist with managing the administrative work related to the residential communities including:
- Answer community phones for the Department of Housing and Residence Life
- Respond to office visitors, students, and guests
- Administrative process of health and safety checks and roommate agreements, etc.
- Move-in walk-through, preparation, and correspondence
- Track community work orders
- Assist with and maintain records for occupancy checks, vacancy reports, and room inventory files
- Process student charges for damages to rooms and/or room inventory
- Make copies and prepare documents for meetings, training, and presentations
- Assist with the completion of university and departmental travel paperwork and reports
- Assist with scheduling and communicating with staff and students
- Organize and inventory keys, maintain key records, order new keys, prepare and distribute electronic keys, receive and distribute hard keys, issue key charges
- Assist with human resource administration processes, including time-card distribution, collection, and accuracy
- Assist with supervision of OPS staff -maintain scheduling for community space and submit associated work orders as needed
- Oversee the monitoring and tracking of facilities turn processes during spring, summer, and fall ensuring partners and vendors have accurate and complete information.
- Maintain and reconcile the community budget tracker for Residence Life and Education Coordinator and the Graduate Coordinator.
- Communicate with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable staff regarding financial matters.
- Ensure office manuals are kept up to date, order supplies, business cards, ID badges, uniforms, and keep inventory of supplies for future needs.
- Ensure office machinery (printer/fax machine, persona encoder, computers, phones, radios. etc) are working properly and report operational problems appropriately.
- Assist with staff recognition and development efforts.
Other duties as assigned by supervisory staff.
Job #: 499434
Open Date: October 02, 2020
Closing Date: October 15, 2020
Annual Salary: $29,069 - Negotiable
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent and 0+ years of relevant experience.
- Previous administrative office experience
- Previous experience in a university environment
- Previous supervision experience
- Previous experience supporting facility operations including work order tracking and record maintenance of keys
- Previous software experience with StarRez, Maxient, eRezlife, or Qualtrics
Please Note: Applicants MUST apply through . No paper applications, resumes, cover letters or emails will be accepted or considered for this Staff position. Cover letters, resumes, and other documents can be attached through the website.
Your assistance with the University of Central Florida's Affirmative Action Plan implementation is appreciated. The University collects VOLUNTARY declarations of race and gender and uses the information to compile statistics on recruitment success. If you choose to assist, your demographic information will be used only for affirmative action.
The University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity, equal access, and affirmative action employer.