Posted 17 days 14 hours ago by Vision Technology Services, LLC
Currently, Vision Technology Services is seeking an Engineering Associate to join our team and work directly on client projects.
- Limited training will be provided, so contractor must be skilled.
- The tasks include providing quality control for various types of permit applications, researching property restrictions and previous violations, if applicable, using GIS and SDAT websites, identifying required documents associated with each permit type, entering property and owner information, and permit status codes and descriptions in a Main Frame computer system, calculating submission fees based on various criteria such as disturbed area, square footage of buildings, type of construction, pipe sizes, etc.
- Ability to assess minor zoning requirements.
- Ability to multi-task is a must, as multiple applications may be in process simultaneously.
- Duties also include calling applicants for pertinent information and questions associated with their proposed construction, therefore good customer service skills are important.
- Ability to read construction drawings to determine the scope of work that is being performed, such as grading, pipe sizes and quantity, and structure heights.
- Strong general mathematics skills are required.
- Ability to perform calculations such as acreage from square feet, areas and associated fees calculations.
- General understanding of plan approval and permitting processing.
- Knowledge of general zoning requirements, such as uses, and setbacks.
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to write and send professional level email.
- Engineering or architectural technician skills or classes. Strong knowledge of GIS and property information.
- Land development or architectural design experience.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 69601 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client's requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client's project/job. We look forward to working with you.- provided by Dice