NP / Registered Nurse / New York / Any / Psychiatric Nurse Practitione
Posted 9 days 17 hours ago by KA Recruiting Inc.
Psychiatric / Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner with X-Waiver needed
Hiring during COVID-19.
Join a private, inpatient chemical dependency treatment facility in NY with locations across the state. This makes them easily accessible from all major cities in the Northeast, the facilities offer comprehensive services for the treatment of alcoholism and substance abuse.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner assists the Medical Director by providing supportive medical care and other behavioral health related services to patients during their stay at our facility.
Job Description & Duties:
- Performs comprehensive history and physical examinations, and compiles patient medical data, including behavioral health history and results of physical examination
- Evaluates and manages detox regimes for patients in our care including writing orders and follow-up treatment as indicated
- Evaluates and treats patients in our care as needed for medical issues including patient education
- Makes referrals to outside care/ facilities or orders diagnostic/laboratory tests as needed
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, routine exams, suture removal, and wound care, and managing infection
- Participates in treatment teams and develops and implements patient treatment and aftercare plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily living, health maintenance, and addiction treatment
- Preparation and education of patients and family members for discharge medications and instructions. Preparation of discharge summaries, prescriptions and follow up tests and appointments
- Individual case assignments, case conferences, treatment team meetings, crisis intervention, educational presentations for staff and patients
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives
Education and requirements:
- Post Graduate Degree - Masters in Psychiatric Nursing
- 1 - 3 years experience as a psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Experience in detoxification / addiction nursing
- PMHNP; BLS or CPR Certification
For more information, please contact me via email at or phone/text .
KA Recruiting Inc.
KA Recruiting Inc. - Latest Jobs
Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Respiratory Therapy #)
- Georgia, Atlanta, United States, 30301
RN / Registered Nurse / New Hampshire / Any / Registered Nurse - Opera
- New Hampshire, Rindge, United States, 03461
Speech Language Pathologist / SLP (Speech and Language Pathologist #)
- Vermont, Putney, United States, 05346
Therapist / Physical Therapy / New Mexico / Physical Therapist - PT Jo
- New Mexico, Caprock, United States, 88213
Therapist / Occupational Therapist / Oregon / Occupational Therapist J
- Oregon, Prairie City, United States, 97869