Regional Technical Director
Posted 15 days 9 hours ago by Gleeson Homes
Gleeson Homes have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Director to cover the Yorkshire & The Midlands Region of Gleeson, reporting to the Divisional Managing Director. You will have overarching responsibility for the area technical function within your given Region and report on all technical, engineering and architectural aspects of the business from land acquisition through to site completions and final adoptions.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Healthshield membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with Gleeson
- Provide practical and cost-effective technical service to the Region reinforcing the guidance and support of the Technical team who manage site evaluation, architectural and engineering design, and the investigations of any technical problems encountered and help/support the Technical Managers in providing economical and viable solutions. This may involve liaison with, appointment of and co-ordination of external professionals.
- Work effectively with the senior management team and take a 'whole company' perspective to managing issues, in accordance with corporate responsibility for the business.
- Responsible for corporate governance extending across all business areas and to actively promote best practice throughout the company.
- Work collaboratively with Regional Managing Director and Operations Directors in the management of the region; help with setting budgets, minimising risks, maximising opportunities, achieving the regions targets; and seeking to positively influence the progression and growth of the region.
- Responsible for the regions technical function to ensure best practices are followed, costs are controlled, revenue generation is maximised, and value is increased for the region.
- To assist Land Department and the area Technical Manager on technical viability of new sites at conception stage.
- Monitor the planning process ensuring technical advice is given at key stages to achieve permissions with as few conditions as possible.
- Monitor and track discharge of conditions to ensure compliance.
- Ensure statutory approvals e.g. S104 and S38 Agreements are obtained in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the Regional Managing Director and Operations Directors, assist in the preparation of the development programmes and monitor with the design teams, both internal and external to ensure adherence to programmes.
- Ensure Technical Department procedures, layouts and technical reports are adhered to and produced to agreed programmes.
- Ensure sales and legal information is prepared by the Technical Managers in line with company procedures as required.
- Monitor development in conjunction with Bonding facility to ensure the earliest Bond reduction and adoption of POS, Roads and Sewers.
- In conjunction with the Operations Director; lead, communicate with, develop, and performance manage the technical department to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company's needs.
- Ensure the region has sufficient, competent and capable external consultants to support the needs of the region, negotiating fees to ensure services are optimised and fees are within budget.
- Present current issues at Senior Team Meetings and be involved in discussing and influencing all aspects of the business.
- Previous experience working as either a Technical Director and/or Senior Technical Manager.
- Possess a strong knowledge base ideally from a technical design background of either architectural or civil engineering (preferably both).
- Knowledge of the housebuilding industry gained preferably with a high-volume house builder.
- Educated to HNC/HND level in a construction related qualification.
- Experienced in leading and developing a team of staff.
- Possess strong negotiation and communication skills.
- A broad technical understanding of the house building sector...... click apply for full job details
Gleeson Homes - Latest Jobs
- Yorkshire, Knottingley, United Kingdom, WF110
- Lincolnshire, Louth, United Kingdom, LN110
- Lancashire, Bury, United Kingdom, BL8 1
Regional Office Administrator
- Lincolnshire, Scunthorpe, United Kingdom, DN150
Junior Legal Counsel
- Yorkshire, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S5 9