Front End Magento Developer - Magento 2
Posted 2 days 6 hours ago by Wunderman Thompson Commerce
Front End Developer - Magento
*Flexible working and remote options available*
Front End Magento Developer required to work on a greenfield project for one of our premier clients helping design their customer facing application.
As a Front End Magento Developer your key responsibilities will be:
- Create prototypes and production-ready XHTML/CSS /JS for a greenfield Magento 2 eCommerce website
- Working within an agile team, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimations
- Contributing to the team's focus to maintain Front End Quality through participating in coding reviews and adhering to Wunderman Thompson Commerce coding standards including those of Accessibility
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!
The techy bit ….we need you to be really great at:
- Mastery of hand-coded XHTML and CSS, adhering to W3C coding standards. Table-free layouts; semantic mark-up; standards enthusiast.
- Magento 2 experience is essential
- PHP experience is essential for this role
- Experience using Magento's Page builder
- Commercial knowledge of JS Frameworks such as React and/or Angular, advantageous
- Bootstrap Responsive Design experience is essential
- SASS and/or LESS is essential
- GIT Version Control
- Experience of working within an Agile working environment
- Great attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Good understanding/awareness of Usability, Accessibility
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Solid information, interaction, and visual design skills
- Willingness to contribute to both large, complex projects and smaller tasks as directed.
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects and timelines.
If you know some of this even better!
- Experience creating site architecture diagrams, UX wireframes, process flows.
- Experience designing for dynamic and template-driven sites.
- Creative, yet meticulous.
- Experience of industry standard vector & bitmap graphics packages.
- Experience of working with CMS platforms such as AEM or Sitecore
- Experience of working on Java projects would be extremely advantageous
- Experience with Grunt/Bower
- TDD/BDD methodologies using Unit Testing frameworks (eg Jasmine/Karma)
- Commercial experience of SPA and/or PWA applications
- Working with Pattern Libraries & CSS frameworks
- Knockout.JS experience highly desirable
How? By creating outstanding websites and inspired shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as GAME, Halfords, Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more! We're an inclusive group of more than 1350 thinkers and doers from WPP's leading commerce agencies: Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce and Gorilla Group alongside two Amazon specialists - all under the world-renowned Wunderman brand. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready sites, solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
With new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two other cool agency offices in Central London, we've got 20 locations mapped across Europe, North America and Asia.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a k ey role in shaping some of the best eCommerce sites and experiences in the world...... click apply for full job details