RN / Medical-Surgical Nursing / Louisiana / Travel / Registered Nurse
Posted 9 days 9 hours ago by GIFTED Healthcare
JOB REQUIREMENTS Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job Med-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions. Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient??s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This well-known 365-bed teaching hospital in Acadiana is the largest full-service healthcare facility in the area, and is a designated Level II Trauma Center and Magnet recognized hospital. It includes two Centers of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology and Neuroscience and is also an accredited Cancer Center, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, and an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center. The hospital has a 32-bed ICU and their 25-bed Level III NICU provides an experienced, caring staff for both mother and baby. The hospital's Womens and Childrens Services Department was recently renovated to offer comfortable, family-centered care. The hospital was awarded two grants from Susan G. Komen Acadiana supporting screenings, mammograms, education, and navigation services for uninsured and underinsured patients.
Lafayette Louisiana is the unofficial capital of Acadiana, or Cajun County, and is the center for great Cajun cuisine and Zydeco. Home of the University of Lafayette, this college town is known for live music, because in Lafayette, dancing is an integral part of life. Numerous restaurants and dance halls thrive in the area and the city hosts several music and food festivals throughout the year. Lafayette even has their own special Mardi Gras Celebration! Take a 30 minute drive to Avery Island and tour where the world famous Tabasco Hot Sauce is made. There is a regional airport conveniently located in Lafayette as well.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!
GIFTED Healthcare - Latest Jobs
RN / Medical-Surgical Nursing / Virginia / Travel / Registered Nurse -
- Virginia, Charlottesville, United States, 22901
RN / Operating Room Surgical Nursing / Oregon / Travel / Registered Nu
- Oregon, Lincoln City, United States, 97367
RN / Pediatrics / Kansas / Travel / Registered Nurse - Peds Job in Wic
- Kansas, Wichita, United States, 67201
RN / Medical-Surgical Nursing / Louisiana / Contract / Registered Nurs
- Louisiana, New Orleans, United States, 70112
RN / Medical-Surgical Nursing / Washington / Travel / Registered Nurse
- Washington, Chewelah, United States, 99109