Director of Site Services
Posted 18 days 21 hours ago by Moreau Catholic High School
Moreau Catholic High School, a coeducational high school in the Holy Cross tradition, is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Site Services.
Located in Hayward, California, Moreau Catholic has a diverse student body of 850 students. We are a college preparatory school that strives to educate the hearts and minds of our students. Moreau Catholic is a cutting-edge one-to-one laptop school, with a strong emphasis on 21st Century learning skills embedded across the curriculum. We strongly believe in the importance of a holistic education providing students the opportunity to grow in academic, social and spiritual learning experiences.
- Description: Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and/or coordinating the maintenance, repair and alteration of school buildings and grounds; serve as the school's representative in planning and developing facilities and new construction; ensure that jobs are completed efficiently and within regulatory guidelines and projected deadlines; manage grounds, custodial, maintenance and transportation departments and personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct all aspects of facilities maintenance operation, transportation and construction services in support of the mission, tasks, functions and goals of the school. Collaborates with senior leadership, administrators and other school personnel for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or programs.
· Plan, organize, schedule and coordinate all maintenance, custodial and transportation services; consult with the appropriate program director before approving the use of school facilities by other civic or community organizations; coordinate schedules and special event operations.
· In consultation with the Director of Finance, prepare and manage the maintenance and plant operations budgets, and department expenditures and ensure prudent fiscal management of assigned funds. Responsible for facilities fixed asset inventory.
· Receive, review, and investigate requests for school site improvements and building modifications; define, identify and establish priorities for maintenance-related projects.
· Develop and implement a multi-year comprehensive facilities plan, that is both corrective and preventive for the upkeep of all facilities, grounds, and plant operations. Establish an efficient work order system and recommend facility improvement and modernization.
· Manage and coordinate school transportation schedules; ensure equipment is maintained for safe operation; manage personnel and ensure compliance with state and federal DOT regulations. Serve as back-up school bus driver during normal school hours. May occasionally drive school bus for sporting events outside normal school hours.
· Conduct regular inspections of all school facilities, grounds, and equipment to ensure high standards for cleanliness and attractiveness; establish and implement a safety program and accident prevention for all employees, including the safe and proper use of equipment, vehicles and materials, identifications of hazards. Work cooperatively with community and state agencies, police, fire, emergency and health departments to ensure high standards of health, sanitation and safety are maintained.
· Approve specifications and recommend contractors to perform maintenance and repair services.
· Develop, implement, and monitor an energy conservation program, making recommendations for efficiency and reductions in costs.
· Control issuance of keys, fobs, and security codes for the building.
· Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field and a minimum of 5 years' experience in facilities and/or property management, or an equivalent combination of education or experience. Private, non-profit and./or educational institution facilities management experience preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of building and equipment maintenance, health and safety regulations, state and federal transportation regulations (DOT), financial and management practices, purchasing, supervision and motivation of personnel.
· Knowledge of custodial and landscape maintenance, and athletic field maintenance.
· Ability to schedule a significant number of activities, meetings and/or events.
· Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the school.
· Ability to establish cooperative, tactful, effective and harmonious working relationships with a diverse group of individuals, ranging from senior management, administration, board members, corporate leaders, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public. Use discretion and tact when responding to sensitive matters or situations.