Director or Sr Director of System Operations Control
Posted 18 days 21 hours ago by Eastern Airlines LLC
Position/Title: Director/Sr. Director System Operations Control
Reports to: Vice President Flight Operations
Location: Wayne, Pennsylvania ("Philly")
At Eastern Airlines curiosity and excitement for growth go a long way. In fact, Eastern Airlines was launched by seekers, adventurers and above all fliers. Our rich legacy and pioneering spirit are still evident in our team today.
Our open-hearted attitude, respect for the people we fly and our attention to detail is what sets Eastern Airlines apart from its competitors. Natural curiosity and hunger for wonder are behaviors that make our employees successful.
This summary provides a listing of the knowledge, skills and abilities that are critical components of the position for Director/Sr. Director of System Operations Control (SOC).
This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position, that will report to the Vice President - Flight Operations and will work closely with all other operational departments. The Director/Sr. Director of System Operations Control (SOC) function at Eastern oversees the three critical functions that are critical to the smooth functioning of the company - dispatch, charter operations, and SOC customer service. While the focus of this role is squarely on the systems operations function, he/she also is a member of the overall operating leadership team of the airline. Eastern is seeking not only to recruit a strong Leader for the Systems Operations Control function but also someone who will build the bench strength.
C. Duties and Responsibilities:
· Foster Eastern's organizational culture throughout the work environment under his/her direction;
· Establish and pursue the strategy and vision for Eastern's Systems Operations Control function and its component parts. Create a sense of shared purpose and common direction in recruiting and retaining the best people, in leading innovative change, and championing investments technology and training that transforms current thinking in the industry;
· Provide strong and inspired leadership and direction to Eastern's SOC function and its component parts - Dispatch, Charter Operations, and SOC Customer Services - to ensure consistent delivery of safe, clean and reliable operations;
· Maintain operational control of the airline at all times in accordance with established FAA regulations, other applicable regulatory agencies, and Eastern internal mandates;
· Ensure compliance with all Eastern policies and procedures, including any applicable collective bargaining agreements, and continually review effectiveness of policies and procedures to update as necessary;
· Provide active leadership in the resolution of operations issues as they arise, deploying his or her specific expertise and bringing in others as needed;
· Serve as the key catalyst for introducing efficient thinking, approaches, practices, processes, tools and systems into the airline's Systems Operations Control function;
· Maintain and revise manuals, training and other documentation for all Systems Operations Control functions;
· Construct an environment dedicated to continuous improvement and measure Eastern's performance against industry standards and prevailing best practices;
· Develop and execute staffing plans necessary for planned operations and communicate changes that effect staffing as early as possible to internal business partners;
· Provide necessary support for Eastern's Safety Management System, and other flight management programs;
· Ensure that Eastern has full emergency preparedness within the Systems Operations Control function;
· Based on the broad direction provided by the operating plan, negotiate and operating within the budget for the Systems Operations Control function;
· Provide timely and accurate reporting of operating results and other special projects and initiatives under his/her direction;
· As a senior member of the operating leadership team, contribute to the overall operating plan of Eastern by participating in the ongoing planning process to produce clear and compelling mid- and long-term objectives;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Ideally, a certified and qualified commercial air transport pilot (ATP). Possesses an ATP and or Dispatch Certificate issued under FAR 61 or FAR 65;
· Possesses at least 3 years supervisory or managerial experience within the last 6 years in a position that exercised operational control over any operations conducted with large airplanes under part 121 or part 135 of FAR 119 preferred.
· Has a full understanding of the following materials with respect to the certificate holder's operations:
o Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices;
o 14 CFR Chapter I (Federal Aviation Regulations); and
o The certificate holder's operations specifications;
· Commercial aviation industry experience, with a minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience and a well-established industry network and reputation;
· Broad-based airline systems operations control leadership experience, ideally having led all or a substantial part of an airline SOC function;
· Ideally, complements his/her primary focus on the SOC arena with exposure to other airline operational functions with a preference for a background in flight operations (first priority) or maintenance & engineering (second priority);
· Has ideally led effectively within lean and resource-limited work environments;
. A track record of productive engagement with teams;
· Has the potential to grow into broader and more senior roles within the organization;
· Very strong and well-developed people leadership and people development skills, with an ability to inspire and motivate staff while holding them accountable for results;
· Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills;
· A demonstrated change agent who can overcome inertia and the inherent aversion to change among long-standing employees. Comfortable with new, different and creative approaches to operations, and innovative in this regard;
· A track record of continually challenging the status quo and pursuing new ideas and initiatives to reduce costs while enhancing customer service;
· Prior experience with the systems, processes and tools deployed in larger companies but ideally with experience applying them in smaller company contexts;
· Experience deploying information and related technology to drive operations efficiency.
Strong business and financial acumen, ideally with some direct exposure to business, non-operational domains such as finance or commercial;
· A track record of working in a productive and collaborative manner with the Federal Aviation Administration;
· An unblemished record as related to his or her ethical integrity and that of the organizations he or she has served;
· Must be able to pass a two (2) year drug and alcohol background check, pre-employment drug test, and criminal history records check (CHRC).
Eastern Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer