Director Of Youth Ministry
Posted 9 days 9 hours ago by Edenton United Methodist Church
Job Description for
PART-TIME DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Edenton United Methodist Church
P.O. Box 37
Edenton, NC 27932
Love God. Love Others. Serve the World.
Date Posted: 3/6/2020
Approximately 10-15 Hours Per Week
Reports weekly to Pastor
Accountable to Pastor and Staff Parish Relations
The part-time Director of Youth Ministry will be a Christian person whose life reflects a personal relationship with Jesus, be of strong moral character with spiritual and emotional maturity and have a passion for youth ministry. The Director will regularly attend Edenton UMC.
The Director of Youth Ministry will be entrusted with youth programming from 6th through 12th grades in the development of their faith and growth as disciples of Jesus Christ. Emphasis shall be placed on teaching youth to Love God (through worship and service), Love Others (through active involvement and participation), Serve the World (through Bible lessons and missions participation).
· Develop, plan, organize, direct, control and implement successful, creative programming and activities that support all aspects of youth ministry at Edenton United Methodist Church including, but not limited to, Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings, and midweek.
· Recruit, train and organize volunteers to assist with youth ministries (including Safe Sanctuaries training).
· Serve as primary support person to our youth and families.
· Select/create youth curriculum and materials for programming with input from pastor.
· Create opportunities for youth to participate in worship services.
· Create/organize/participate in occasional service projects.
· Administrative duties including communications and facility scheduling.
· Advise and consult with pastor recognizing his/her overall responsibility of every ministry within the church.
Interested candidates should email a resume and letter explaining reasons for applying to the position to screed0331