Pilot Plant Technician
Posted 11 days 7 hours ago by Balchem
The Pilot plant technician is a key member to the Particle Engineering team by making several contributions through the manufacture of prototypes, maintaining supply inventory, ordering supplies and equipment, and ensuring proper preventative maintenance for the pilot plant. The technician will need to be skilled in operating all pilot scale equipment including microencapsulation, granulation, agglomeration, drying, and extrusion technologies. The pilot plant technician is committed to manufacturing quality prototypes under cGMPs, following safety procedures and policies. Demonstrates an understanding of project work purpose and objectives while maintaining the utmost attention detail from the manufacture of prototypes to data analysis, in order to optimize prototype development. Maintains and organizes inventory for supplies and consumables of pilot plant, generates purchase requisitions and receipts orders accordingly. Maintains and ensures timely adherence to preventative maintenance schedule.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (personal protection equipment, PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Manufactures quality prototypes under cGMP; submits samples for laboratory analyses to measure results and determine if desired outcome is achieved.
- Produces materials in pilot plant environment(s) or Production areas to determine standard manufacturing operations required to ensure products meet customer specifications, quality control requirements, and potential for profitability.
- Records and tracks results of analysis performed on raw materials and experimental products and maintains accurate and organized information to provide decision makers with the knowledge needed to determine the feasibility of moving from the experimental stage to full scale manufacturing.
- Obtains samples and moves raw materials from storage areas to pilot operations and maintains records of inventories and materials movement for accounting purposes.
- Operates a variety of equipment and machines including fork truck, skid jack, circular vibratory screens, blender, tablet press, hardness tester, friability tester, stability chamber, fluid bed granulator, scales, high pressure hoses, pumps, air compressors, air conditioners, dust collectors, flow meters and hand tools.
- Interprets and tracks lab analysis as relates to in-process batch quality and recommends/advises of practical/logical experimental modifications.
- Maintains logs and enters data both in paper files and electronic files
- Packages sample products and ships them to prospective customers along with required documentation as defined by commercial/customer service group.
- Samples raw, in-process, and finished materials, and obtains environmental monitoring samples (swabs and plates) and submits to testing labs.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory and work area in a sanitary condition; washes and steam clean pilot plant equipment, drains and grease traps. Weekly sanitation of floors to prevent and reduce potential for contamination and cross-contamination.
- May be required to work from other company locations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school certificate or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions; good oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate a forklift truck.
- Ability to assemble/disassemble and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Knowledge of cGMPs for food, dietary supplements, and pharmaceuticals
- Knowledge of SOPs and quality standards
- Experience in pilot plant or batch manufacturing environment.
Continuous physical activity throughout the work day such as climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting (55 lbs.), hearing, talking, repetitive motion and moving objects (up to 250 lbs).
Balchem - Latest Jobs
Night Shift Plant Operator - Albert Lea
- Minnesota, Albert Lea, United States, 56007
Customer Service Specialist
- Utah, Layton, United States, 84040
- Ohio, Defiance, United States, 43512
- Ohio, Defiance, United States, 43512
Entry Level Manufacturing- 12Hour Shifts- $15/hr
- $15 Hourly
- New York, Slate Hill, United States, 10973