Posted 3 days 8 hours ago by Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
HR Advisor/£28,000 - £32,0000
Your new company
Hays HR are recruiting a HR Advisor for our Manufacturing client based in Newport. This is an exciting new opportunity to join the busy HR Team. The primary focus of the role will be to proactively support the wider business. The successful candidate will assist with recruitment, training, HR and office administration, preparation of statistics and project support across UK divisions.
Your new role
Working closely with the Resourcing Manager, the post holder will:
- Review and action as appropriate incoming applications
- Liaison with local job centres and recruitment agencies
- Arrange interviews for potential candidates
- Ensure that interviewing and any testing is carried out in accordance with policies and procedures and that appropriate records are maintained
- Ensure that candidates are communicated with effectively throughout the process (i.e. acknowledgement letters, rejection letters)
- Prepare and send letters of appointment (offer letter, terms & conditions of employment)
- Perform initial HR induction and ensure new employee appropriately introduced into new function.
Working closely with the HR team, the post holder will:
- Coordinate and administer the performance management programme
- Maintain annual leave and absence records
- Take reasonable and appropriate action (in line with HR policies and procedures) to address HR issues as and when they arise
- Ensure that grievance policies and procedures are implemented fairly and appropriately
- Prepare HR metrics
- Coordinate administration and renewal of benefits (Healthcare, PMI, Life assurance/ pensions)
- Coordinate occupational health provision
- Maintain computerised and manual HR records in line with GDPR requirements
- Provide a front line of telephone based advice to Line Managers on basic HR procedures covering all sites.
Working closely with the HRBP (Projects), the post holder will:
- Provide all aspects of basic project management support and administration for HR related work within the business.
- Produce, monitor and maintain accurate records and documentation
- Prepare consultation documentation in line with policy and employment law
- Support the HRBP Projects as appropriate in all aspects of their work when required.
What you'll need to succeed
Associate CIPD qualification or equivalent. Extensive experience of providing basic HR advice and support to Line Managers on matters relating to discipline, grievance, performance management, absence and policy issues. Demonstration of high standards of customer service and support and experience within an HR office environment Experience of supporting HR project work - administration, production of Project related paperwork, experience of support arrangements Good understanding of UK employment law especially GDPR Commitment to Continuing Professional Development Ability to manage stakeholders in a positive and productive manner. Experience of working within a highly technical, innovation or data/IT led business will be advantageous.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary + Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited - Latest Jobs
HR & Payroll Supervisor
- £23,275 - £29,564 Annual
- Essex, Basildon, United Kingdom, SS13
- £20,500 - £22,500 Annual
- Lancashire, Wigan, United Kingdom, WN1
HR Team Leader
- £20 - £22 Hourly
- Hampshire, Southampton, United Kingdom, SO14
Property Claims Handler
- £25,000 - £28,000 Annual
- London, United Kingdom
- £40,000 - £45,000 Annual
- Warrington, Woolston, United Kingdom, WA1