Core Portfolio Management - Model Portfolio Solutions, Associate/Vice
Posted 3 days 10 hours ago by BlackRock
About this role
Introduction to Multi-Asset Strategies and Model Portfolio Solutions
BlackRock's Multi-Asset Strategies (MAS) group includes tactical asset allocation, factor-based strategies, income funds, target date, target risk, and impact investing products. Our team of over 300 multi-asset investment professionals manages a range of pooled vehicles, model portfolios, and customized mandates for a diversified client base. Currently, MAS has over $450 billion in assets under management and has a strong presence in San Francisco, New York, Princeton, London and throughout Asia Pacific. The Multi-Asset Strategies group sits alongside Client Portfolio Solutions (CPS) which is the investment area focused on delivering custom whole-portfolio asset allocation and portfolio construction services and solutions. CPS is structured to deliver tailored solutions for different client channels including DC and Wealth Management Platforms, Pensions, Insurance, Foundations & Endowments, Family Office, Official Institutions and Multi-nationals.
BlackRock is a leader in the development of model portfolios and solutions, managing over $36 billion in assets across these types of strategies globally across MAS and CPS. The Model Portfolio Solutions (MPS) team brings together the research and investment expertise of teams across the firm through a systematic quantitative approach in order to deliver a comprehensive range of outcome-oriented model solutions. The competitive advantages of MPS at BlackRock lie in the depth and breadth of our product offerings to leverage the best of BlackRock's active and passive investment platform, our unique capabilities in data, technology and analytics, and our innovative approach to research and systematic investing.
The Core PM team is responsible for a wide array of portfolio management responsibilities across MAS and CPS. In London, the primary role of the Core PM team is to partner with the CPS, MPS, Factors and Diversified Strategies teams which manage global, multi-asset portfolios held by institutional and individual retail investors. The Core PM team partners in portfolio construction and new business design with CIOs, researchers and lead portfolio managers and contributes to investment research, handles all aspects of implementation, and drives enhancements across the PM operating platform.
BlackRock is seeking an Associate or Vice-President to join the Core Portfolio Management team to partner with the EMEA MPS team to manage and develop suites of models and funds for the EMEA Retail market. The individual will work with a team of quantitative researchers and portfolio managers focused on the development and management of Multi-Asset models and solutions. This role will be particularly focused on implementing and managing model portfolios utilizing our proprietary quantitative platform to combine exposure, capabilities and insights from across BlackRock's breadth of product offerings. The ideal candidate will have experience in the implementation, management or oversight of multi-asset portfolios, preferably within a systematic investing context. The individual will possess strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work in a collaboration with a wide range of partner teams and stakeholders.
Given the focus on multi-asset approaches among our clients and within BlackRock, this role has considerable scope for the right individual to have an impact on both the success of the team as well as the broader MAS and MPS businesses. The successful candidate will possess outstanding attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and have a passion for thinking critically about financial markets both across and within asset classes.
- Partner with EMEA MPS portfolio managers and researchers to design, construct and manage model portfolios
- Help with internal representation of EMEA MPS team (e.g. board meetings, meeting with partner teams etc.)
- Lead programming effort related to the quantitative analysis of EMEA MPS portfolios (e.g. model calibration, active risk analysis, etc.)
- Help control and establish best practices in portfolio implementation across multiple investment processes and products throughout Multi-Asset Strategies and Client Portfolio Solutions (transfer coefficient, costs, etc.)
- Perform daily fund management tasks including implementing multiple investment strategies, handling client flows, rebalancing, and monitoring positioning, performance and risk
- Ensure all funds/mandates/models conform to performance expectations, investment guidelines, risk parameters, and regulatory requirements
- Utilize technology and analytical tools to enhance processes and to help drive scale
- Interface with analytics, risk, data and other platform teams to drive process improvements and contribute to overall systems, investment and trading process enhancements
- Engage with internal investment teams to leverage product and trading innovations in the investment process
- Degree in a quantitative field (Physics, Maths, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or similar) or equivalent demonstrated professional experience
- Four to seven years of experience in portfolio management or like role desired, with accompanying knowledge of multi-asset portfolio construction, exposure and risk measures, and attribution
- Understanding of quantitative investment research and optimization techniques preferred
- Portfolio management and/or trading experience in a range of multi-asset instruments and markets, such as ETFs and other fund vehicles, derivatives, FX, rates, equities and credit markets (options, IRS, CDS, etc.) a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to remain focused across a wide range of portfolio types and activities.
- Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality. Demonstrated experience working both independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative, global environment
- Strong process awareness and sense of accountability and ownership in recognizing and addressing risks in the business
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to deliver presentations internally/externally and coordinate across a variety of functions around the firm
- Technical skills such as Python, Matlab, Tableau and SQL required
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $7.43 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit | |
Blog: | LinkedIn:
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock - Latest Jobs
Long Term Private Capital Administrative Assistant
- New York, New York, United States, 10261
Administrative Assistant - New York
- New York, New York, United States, 10261
Senior Java Software Engineer (Aladdin Business)
- Georgia, Atlanta, United States, 30301
Associate, Investment/Product Strategy
- London, United Kingdom
Trading Systems Java Software Engineer
- California, San Francisco, United States, 94199