Posted 3 days 9 hours ago by Tagged Resources
- A growing, well-established and reputable FMCG business are currently recruiting for a Product Technologist to join their team. You will be fully involved in the total cradle to grave life span of a range of home furnishing products, ensuring compliance with identified standards. You will be accountable for demonstrating due diligence in the evaluation and approval of agreed product categories, ensuring standards of quality and appearance legal requirements are met at all times. Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Working closely with the Sales, Merchandising and Buying Departments to ensure complete product information is available to produce accurate product specifications.
- Produce full technical documentation for issue to the factories, thus ensuring each product is manufactured to highest possible standards and complies with designated specifications. This will cover fabric construction/composition, fabric printing/dyeing/colour, stitching/assembly, folding/packing and care labelling based on fabric performance during use and cleaning.
- Request and assess strike-off and lab dip fabric samples against standards for quality, colour and print.
- Request and assess pre-production and pre-shipment seal samples for make-up, stitching and dimensions.
- Assess sealed samples and provide technical support directly back to the factories via e-mail and conference call when required, ensuring critical path milestones are constantly being updated, monitored and target dates met.
- Request, check and grade test reports to ensure fabrics and products perform in accordance with customer requirements.
- Strong initiative and proactive approach to all tasks and excellent communication skills.
- Articulate and creative with the drive to achieve.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to organise and prioritise effectively in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to interpret data and make decisions based on it Technical experience within the home furnishings or textile industry, covering a variety of different textile product types.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis.