Sheet Metal Mechanic
Posted 4 days 8 hours ago by Aerotek
***A PRECISION MANUFACTURING FACILITY IS SEEKING QUALIFIED SHEET METAL MECHANICS***
- Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering specifications, and job orders to determine machine setup, production methods and sequence of operations.
- Selects, positions, and secures dies, punches, blades, cutters and fixtures onto machine using rule, square, shims, templates, hand tools and or built -in gauges.
- Positions and clamps or programs stops, guides.
- Adjusts controls to set and regulate machine factors, such as pressure and depth of stroke, adjustment rolls, blade angle and machine speed.
- Locates and marks cutting, bending lines and/or reference points on work piece using instruments, such as scribe, rule, calipers, height gauge, compass, protractor or by tracing from templates.
- Remove burrs, nibble marks and surface blemishes using file, deburr tool, sandpaper, disc sander, orbital sander, power buffer to provide finishes required by the blueprint or standards.
- Cuts, grinds or files work pieces to layout lines.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Aerotek - Latest Jobs
- New York, Schenectady, United States, 12302
Entry Level Recruiter/Sales Trainee (Raleigh)
- North Carolina, Cary, United States, 27518
Entry Level Recruiter/Sales Trainee
- Virginia, Virginia Beach, United States, 23450
Business Development Representative
- California, West Hollywood, United States, 90069
Entry Level Recruiter/Sales Trainee (San Jose, CA)
- California, San Jose, United States, 95101