Staying Safe: How to be Prepared in the Modern World
Posted 1 year 1 month ago by Emergency Planning College (EPC)
Understand keeping yourself and others safe in the event of an emergency.
In todayâ€™s uncertain world, itâ€™s important to understand the likelihood of an emergency situation occurring, and how to be more prepared. Daily emergencies happen worldwide, however hearing about them depends on your location and the circumstances of the emergency.
The course has been designed to help you as an individual develop your own personal resilience and to understand the â€˜what ifsâ€™.
This will allow you to plan how to deal with them, prioritise them and lessen the affects to you and your family.
This course is ideal for you if you want to understand the actual risks to you and your family, and how to be prepared in an emergency.
Professionals who may be involved in community resilience planning may also find the course beneficial.
- Assess the likelihood of risks, hazards and threats
- Develop the skills to evaluate actual risk and understand how you could react in an emergency
- Explain the difference between threats vs hazards and intention vs capability
- Explore information available, for use in your emergency plan
- Improve your own personal resilience to become more prepared for disruption