People Management Skills
Posted 1 year 1 month ago by CIPD - Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
Learn how to become a confident line manager
Line managers play an important role in organisations, from the day-to-day management of people to the implementation of company policy.
Naturally, the journey to becoming a line manager can be challenging and new managers are often left feeling overwhelmed.
Youâ€™ll learn about best practice processes in recruitment and induction, and identify market trends that will impact your organisation.
Youâ€™ll also discover how to develop teams and individuals, and manage good workplace performance.
This course is designed for new and aspiring people managers (line managers). It may also be of interest to small to medium-sized organisations that do not have the support of an HR function.
This course has been developed by the CIPD with the financial support of JPMorgan Chase Foundation.
- Explore elements of managing absence and supporting employees returning to work
- Assess the current labour market conditions and trends for your organisation
- Explore good practice in both recruitment and induction
- Describe effective ways of developing both teams and individuals
- Explore approaches to managing good workplace performance
- Describe ways to address shortfalls in performance
- Discuss the need to maintain a healthy workforce
- Reflect on your own management style