Object-oriented Programming in Python: Create Your Own Adventure Game
Posted 1 year 1 month ago by Raspberry Pi Foundation
A fun introduction to object-oriented programming in Python
Object-oriented programming is a programming paradigm based on objects and data rather than actions and logic.
This online course will introduce you to the principles of object-oriented programming in Python, showing you how to create objects, functions, methods, and classes.
Youâ€™ll use what you learn to create your own text-based adventure game. You will have the chance to share your code with other learners, and see theirs.
If youâ€™re an educator, youâ€™ll also be able to develop ideas for using object-oriented programming in your classroom.
This course is designed for people who are already familiar with Python programming and want to learn a different programming paradigm, understand and use existing libraries more effectively, or create code which is useful to other people.
It will be particularly useful for A level educators and students.
Python 3 or Trinket.
- Explore using objects in programming, and understand the difference between a function and an object.
- Develop your understanding of how writing your own class allows you to combine functions and data.
- Demonstrate extending other peopleâ€™s classes, including inheritance and polymorphism.
- Produce a module to apply your learning of object oriented programming.
- Collaborate by sharing your code with other people.
Raspberry Pi Foundation - Latest Courses
Robotics With Raspberry Pi: Build and Program Your First Robot Buggy
- 3 weeks
Networking with Python: Socket Programming for Communication
- 3 weeks
Introduction to Web Development
- 3 weeks
Programming Pedagogy in Primary Schools: Developing Computing Teaching
- 4 weeks
Creating an Inclusive Classroom: Approaches to Supporting Learners with SEND in Computing
- 2 weeks